we're back!!!!! we open on saturday september 15 (monday thru sunday 11-5p) and the address is 658 cookman ave, in the shoppes at the arcade. i will be there every saturday. stop by if you are in the area and say hi!
i pulled out the last of my wares today. monmouth antique shoppes officially closed for business last sunday, may 20. believe this or not, but
they are going to knock the building down and build condos. what floats in my
head is "they paved paradise and put up a parking lot". it definately sucks.
hopefully we will come back together in asbury park soon. john is the pied
piper and we are anxiously awaiting news of our new location.
just moved into another booth (actually right next to my old one) at monmouth antique shoppes in red bank - and here's a peek! its a bit bigger and i am able to bring in furniture. if you are in the area, please stop by!
when you are inspired to make something, the only things you use are whatever is sitting in front of you? i do a lot of swapping on swap-bot, and i had a swap that needed to alter a wooden spool. along the wall behind me and in my garage i have stacks of stuff - but what did i use? yes. as i sit at my desk, all the items used in my little button ballerina were at arms length. crazy huh?
Cheryl tagged me to come up with ten things about me, so here goes:
1. I was married in 1979 and divorced in 1982 - only marriage... so far.
2. I was a rainbow vacuum cleaner sales person but had to quit because I was allergic to the dust.
3. I have been drawing and painting since I was a toddler (so my mother says).
4. My first love is photography. Always wanted to be a professional photographer.
5. I'm addicted to yard sales.
6. I started smoking when I was 12, and quit in 1989 - I was hypnotized!
7. I was a picture framer for 5 years - this is where my love of tools began!
8. I lived in Florida - Lee County for 1 year, then moved to Palm Beach County where I lived for 20 years.
9. I took three years of ballet - but always wanted to be a tap dancer.
10. I have my MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer). Sounds impressive huh? 2 years, $7k later and I didn't do anything with it!
spent the day at kecia's with a very fun group of gals with pam leading the way. it was interesting to see how everyone interpreted their drawings. believe this (or not) this started out as a self portrait - doesn't look anything like me at all.... i wasn't very happy with it until i started coloring her in. it's so hard for me to draw realistic - everything always looks very cartoonish. oh well - i need to own it. the stamps are pams - very cool huh?
having a sale - for the month of july - susicreates.etsy.com is giving 20% off! just use JULYFUN code to get the discount! everything is free shipping for the 48 contiguous states. don't forget the code!
i moved to a larger booth. this was taken march 1 - and i've added much more stuff. if you are around red bank - please stop by the Monmouth Antique Shoppes and say hi! i'm there on sundays but you are always welcome!
on broadway in long branch they have painted a whole block of condemed buildings... this is one of the many very cool paintings.
in asbury park on the boardwalk the old carousel building is empty, waiting for something to happen. the copper has a fabulous verdigris. wonder what will become of it all?
XL Cosmetic Bags that are zippered and have an inside zipper compartment that is easy to take along. they are made of 100% polyester, the images are from original collages. they have been professionally printed and sewed and are approximately 10"x8". Free ship to USA. $18
medium cosmetic bags that are zippered and have an inside zipper compartment that is easy to take along. they are made of 100% polyester, the images are from my original collages. they have been professionally printed and sewed and are approximately 5" x 8". free ship to USA. $12