Thursday, December 3, 2009

new blocks!

The local art group I belong to is having our Christmas party on Friday night. There is usually 20ish attending. Everyone makes that same number of gifts and then each of us gets lots! The challenge is to come up with that many, inexpensive and quick. I go to yard sales and always look for the stuff that one day I can alter. These kid's alphabet blocks were such a deal - $2 for all 26 (2 couldn't fit on the scanner). So I gessoed, painted and collaged each one. The ones in the pix are my favorite of the 5 sides. I hope each enjoys their new old blocks!

3 comments:

Tejae: Heart Shaped Art said...

sounds like a fun project!

Terri Kahrs said...

Wonderfully creative and fabulous! I'm sure these will be a huge hit. Have fun at the party! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Allie Gower said...

Great gifts. You are so creative and I love the way you play with color.