Monday, May 24, 2010

Marcher Rouillé (Walking Rusty)

Ahhhh, Art & Soul has come to an end and I must say every day I had a class that I thoroughly enjoyed, and today was no exception!  Julie Haymaker Thompson was an artist I have been aware of for more than a year (I think) and was so jealous when A&S Las Vegas had her on the class roster.  Then one day I took a look at the classes and found her on the list!  How could I not?  SOOOOO very happy I did.  Fortunately for us (not so much for Glenny) there were 4 students and we had 1 on 1 attention.  How nice!  Julie had the kits already made up, so when I'm going through all the ribbons and the base for the doll I'm thinking french for sure.  So that is the direction I took her.  The first picture is mine and the second is of the 3 of ours (1 lady had to leave early due to a family emergency) and Julie's original.  The interesting part is we all started with the same materials but look how different we all did!


1 comment:

Terri Kahrs said...

I adore Julie's work, and these are ooo la la FABULOUS!!! Amazing to see how each artist used the same materials to make her own piece! Hugs, Terri xoxo