Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ROD Swap received and bound

Remember the swap I was in for Remains of the Day pages?  Well I got the package from Susie yesterday and WOWZA!  They are amazing!  10 Fabulous pages and some extras from Susie to boot!  I had this idea to bind them immediately!  So I went out to my stash of old books to find the right size and here it is.  I removed the papers carefully from the book without cutting the spine.  I cleaned it up a bit and divided up my signatures.  I cut some gasket material to fit the channel, used my piercing tool to mark the holes and sewed them in.  I then took the signatures and used red line tape to put into the channel.

After putting the pages in, I added a decorative tape to
clean the edges on both sides. 
Works like a charm!


Thanks to all that participated in the swap!  LOVE THEM!!!!

2 comments:

babeyruth said...

Love the idea of the hard covers..hmmm I may have to think of that for my swap pages! It would probably be quicker than sewing our cool covers. Thanks for sharing
-babeyruth

Janie Husband said...

wonderful blog........look forward to coming back...